Provisional Patent is Filed in INDIA on 21st March 2014.
Title: Design and development of Pothole Repair Machine
Patch-fill solution is useful for faster filling of potholes in bituminous roads without causing any environmental pollution and hindrance to roads users. Potholes filled by Path-fill shall be long lasting.
Salient Technical Features including Competing Features
- Produce 75 kg cold mix for pothole repair in 3 minutes.
- Capacity of machine is 1 tonne mixture/hour.
- Can repair potholes of all sizes
- 8 potholes of 30cm×30cm×4cm can be repaired by one batch produced in 3 minutes
- Power Consumption: 5.5 kW per hour
- Zero GHG emissions
- Low cost of faster repair
Scale of Development
Laboratory and field
- Very low level of GHG Emission
Status of Commercialization
The Technology has been Transferred to the following companies:
- M/s. Supreme Bituchem India Pvt. Ltd., Maharashtra
- M/s. Torchtar Membrance & Bituchem Products Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi
- M/s. Leofab Projects Pvt. Ltd, Odisha
- M/s. SM Engineers Pvt. Ltd, Guwahati
Major Raw Materials to be Utilized
- Bitumen Emulsion,
- Mineral Aggregate
- Cutback bitumen
Major Plant Equipment and Machinery Required
Compressor, Pneumatic Controller and Plate Vibrator
The repair cost of repairing potholes using Patch-fill machine is comparatively less than imported machine/ conventional methods in shorter period.
Technology package includes machine for spraying, mixing, compaction and formulation of mixture.